Are You a Member of Gaming’s Feminist Illuminati? by Rachel Atwood
Show off your super secret club membership to Gaming’s Feminist Illuminati with this t-shirt, created by Bad at Games’ Elizabeth Simins.
lillinox we need these
when someone sees two developers arguing about code
/* by @maximilienriehl */
Meeting - Declined:
There’s a chance a giant asteroid will hit Earth, soI don’t want to spend my last minutes in a status meeting.
"Lack of motivation" is a generally misunderstood symptom of depression. It does not mean that I sit around thinking, "Oh, I’m so depressed; why bother to do shit I don’t want to do anyway." It means not that I lack discipline, but that there is a mental disconnect between my conscious mind, which says I want or need to do X, and the part of my brain which actually initiates activity. It prevents me from doing things I would very much like to do, as well as things I need to do, rather than indicating simply a lack of interest in doing things which are not immediately rewarding.
If you want or need to go somewhere, whether somewhere you’re eagerly looking forward to going, or somewhere routine, or to the dentist for a root canal which you may be much averse to but have nevertheless decided will leave you better off in the long run, and you get in your car, turn the key in the ignition repeatedly, yet the engine sputters but does not engage, this is not an indication that you don’t really want to go anywhere. It’s an indication that something is wrong with the equipment you need to transport you there.
I am fully capable of sitting for hours, thinking periodically, “I need to pee,” then, “I really need to pee,” and eventually, “Damn, I need to pee,” before being able to jump start the part of my brain which engages with the task of getting up and walking the ten feet to the bathroom, and initiates the movement which allows me to do that.
The more complex the task, the harder it can be, because a more complex sequence of actions must be, in some sense, imagined and targeted before the actions necessary to bring them about can be initiated. Most people are unaware that this process even takes place, because in a healthy brain, it occurs swiftly and automatically. In my brain, it does not.
Probably the best description of that particular aspect of depression that I’ve ever read. At least, that’s how it is for me.
This is the launch trailer for the upcoming about-to-be monster hit, Titanfall.Â It’s pretty typical of its ilk. Lots of sound and fury, bullets flying, bombastic speeches resonating, smoke, fire, q…
Guest Post by Stepto: I'm tryin' to get down, to the heart of the matter.WIL WHEATON dot NET | WIL WHEATON dot NET
This is a guest post by Stephen ‘Stepto’ Toulouse. Stepto currently works at HBO and is the former banhammer at Xbox. He is an author, comedian, and leader of T
Shorter Stepto: I REALLY FEEL LIKE EVERYONE SHOULD BE MORE FORGIVING OF MY NICE-GUY, DOUCHEBRO FRIENDS WHO MIGHT GIVE ME A JOB SOMEDAY, PARTICULARLY PENNY ARCADE, AND IF YOU DON’T, YOU ARE BAD PEOPLE.
It’s part of a steady drumbeat of apologia from him.
#turians are stupid hot#I was going to say call me when people are seriously shipping shep and garrus the hanar#but even they have five vagániás#maybe more
I’m sorry Kaidan, I luvs ya but you’re way too easy to pick on, poor baby
Dad on cultural appropriation. (conversation was in Spanish)
- Me: Hey Dad, I have a question
- Dad: Alright, lets see if it's within my reach
- Me: What do you think of cultural appropriation?
- Dad: what?
- Me: Cultural appropriation.
- Dad: I think you mean acculturation.
- Me: yeah, I do. But I was using the term the Social Justice Morons use.
- Dad: It's a necessary part of being human, you can't just keep the one culture all of your life!
- Me: So how offended would you be if a bunch of white people started speaking Spanish?
- Dad: Offended? I would be glad, at least they speak my language!
- Me: What if a white guy made tacos?
- Dad: what kind of taco? why would I be offended? Did I invent it and patent it?
- Me: Nope, just an ordinary taco made by a white guy.
- Dad: Why would I be offended? It would like a German guy getting offended because I grilled a hamburger
- Me: Well, because it's a Mexican food, it was discovered and is integral to Mexican culture. What if a white person doesn't respect the history of the taco.
- Dad: When the woman who first created a taco did that, did the Angels descend from heaven with a deed and a copyright form signed by God informing us that only Mexicans can make it?
- Me: Nope. It's just a taco.
- Dad: Precisely, it's a taco, eat it. I would actually be happy for that white guy, tacos are pretty good.
- Me: What if Tyler wanted to celebrate El Dia de Los Muertos? On his own?
- Dad: Tell him to pace himself the skulls are made of pure sugar.
- Me: What if he wanted to celebrate El Dia de la Independencia?
- Dad: Culture is not something handed to you by God to protect and nurse, it's just something that happens to you, and when you think you have it figured out, it changes. That's what cultures do. They change. You know what these people are trying to do, right?
- Me: Yeah,
- Dad: They want us all to hate each other and not speak to each other. They want us Mexicans in Mexico, Afro-Americans in Africa, Asians in Asia and none of us talking or being nice to each other. With no resources, no trade, no rights, and only the one language that only we're allowed to speak so that we can't communicate with anyone outside. And that's after they'd kill off all the white people. They're like the KKK, if the KKK didn't have balls.
- Me: I arrived at the same conclusion.
- Dad: Make yourself a coffee.
- Dad: Just be sure it's Mexican *laughs*
Q:Do you have any idea on what exactly is taking Anita Sarkeesian so long to produce videos? It’s especially baffling considering how poorly researched her vids are, and how she steals clip from Let’s Plays, and yet she only manages to turn out a video every one and half months. Is not at all fair to expect her to be a little more expedient with her production considering she took money to do this?
Oh, for god’s sake.
I don’t know Anita, I don’t follow her, I don’t know anything about what she’s doing except a bunch of dudes seem terribly obsessed with her and cry about it day and night. Dudes like you, I imagine.
Just because two people are female doesn’t mean they are responsible for each other.
look I have a lot of opinions about historical underwear and if you’re going to show it off at least put your back into it
Just a little humor about the issue of costume designs for women in video games.